Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Kindergarten Grad

On Friday, June 3, 2011, our son Miles graduated from Kindergarten.  Even though the children were instructed to keep a serious face, Miles couldn’t help but let a smile break through a little.

20110603-

Before the ceremony, I threw a little party at our house for family.

Here is a little appetizer I learned how to make from a friend recently.  Very simple – a brick of cream cheese, covered with soy sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds and served with rice crackers (from Trader Joe’s).  In the background on the left is the corner of baked brie with cranberries (wrapped in puff pastry).  It was a frozen left-over from my sister-in-law’s bridal shower.

20110603--4

For Jason, I made this bean salsa and served it with whole grain tortilla chips.

20110603--5

Here are some sandwich wraps, little cocktail breads with deviled ham/cream cheese/green onion spread, topped with craisins and in the back strawberry cookie tarts.

20110603--6

Miles managed to goof around in silence during the ceremony.

20110603--2

He received the “Most Improved Reader/Academic” and the “Word Whiz” (spelling) awards.

20110603--7

We are so proud.  And I’m even proud that he can be a bit of a clown.  He has a huge personality and loves to make others laugh.  What a guy!

20110603--8

20110603--9

1 comment:

  1. Cannot for the life of me find your email address.

    Thanks so much for your sweet comment today about my grandma. She's not doing very well, so yesterday's goodbye was extra hard for me. I've been a little tender about it all day. She's 90, so I know it's just a matter of time. But that doesn't make it any easier.

    LOVE that cute little cap and gown! Can you believe how fast it all goes? Your family is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy that you visited. I'd love to hear from you if you have a comment or just want say "Hi".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...