Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Summer Birthdays

June 27 was Miles’ 6th Birthday.  We surprised him with several family members waiting for him at the movie theater to see Cars 2 in 3D.
20110625-
I made the birthday boy a pineapple upside-down cake at his request.  He’s not a fan of frosting.  (He certainly doesn’t get this from me).
Miles' 6th Brithday Party - Family Edition
I really like his photo.  As my sister-in-law said, it really shows us for who we are since it isn’t too posey and w are all pretty relaxed and being ourselves.
20110625--2
Jason put up a swing on our big 100+ year old oak tree in our back yard.  After I taught the kids how to do “the spider”, they then had to show their Uncle John how it is done.
Miles' 6th Brithday Party - Family Edition
Miles also had a kid party.  Jason make a big homemade slip n slide with plastic tarp and pool noodles.  Here is Miles behind his frosted cake.  Frosting?  Yuck!
Miles' 6th Brithday Party - Kid Edition



The other two in our family with summer birthdays are my new sister-in-law Kris and me.  We met at Long Grove, IL in a nice Italian restaurant for lunch.  Getting together for each others’ birthdays is a very nice way to spend some family time.
20110724-20110724--220110724--320110724--5
20110724--7
After lunch Jason, the kids and I walked around the shopping area of Long Grove.  The last store we walked into was a furniture store.  And what do you know, they had the bedroom set of our dreams there!  It was also, amazingly, a good price and very good quality.  So we went home and thought about it (not for long) and decided to go for it.  We just got the furniture shipped a couple of weeks ago and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  I’ll have to take pics soon.  Of course, now I see that we “need” some new lamps to go on our night stands.  Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy that you visited. I'd love to hear from you if you have a comment or just want say "Hi".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...