Meet our “new” chair.
We have a chair that has not done well with our cats. The fabric that is on it is woven and a magnet for scratching cats. So instead of get a new chair, I decided to make a slipcover for it. It worked out well. But the cats got to that one too. So a few years later we reach the dilemma again. Do we get a new chair?
As you may have guessed, the answer was finally “No.” We have a couch made from a chenille fabric and the cats don’t bother it. So I went out to our local Loomcraft home dec fabric warehouse and searched for some chenille. I found the perfect fabric and it was even on sale for 70% off!
At first I was upset I had cut up the pattern pieces I had made from muslin for other various project. But I think in the long run, my couple of years of sewing experience since my first slipcover led me to make a better fitting cover with new pattern pieces..
The entire process was so much easier and quicker than the first time I tried to do this. Back them I remember how I felt this was one of the hardest projects I ever did.
Which makes me feel good that I have made some progress in my sewing skills and techniques.
Even my husband says this one looks better.
Hope you you enjoyed that little tour through a few steps along the way to the completed project!
Next up is to reupholster the matching ottoman…
This post has been added to :
Check out all of the other talented slipcoverers there!