Saturday, July 31, 2010

It’s Been a Little While

20100729--14

As for an update…  well I guess a lot has been going on.  We purchased a used pop-up camper and took it out for a test weekend.  Unfortunately, that same weekend our dear Ella bonked herself on the see saw (I believe Miles suddenly got off and let her fall – but not maliciously).  The result was a knocked out tooth (baby tooth) and a small but deep gash on her upper lip resulting in a trip to the ER and 3 stitches.  We plan to take the camper out one last time before school starts.

Luckily the tooth fairy let us float her a loan and we bought Ella a little stuffed dog because of the serious nature of this tooth loss.  It was never recovered, which was of great concern to Ella.  I suspect she may have swallowed it.

20100729--6

Both Ella and Miles completed their acting classes and performed in a show one Saturday in the park.  The weather was a little iffy, and the trains going by frequently didn’t help, but they both did very well and we are so proud of them.

20100729--7

Miles also had a soccer camp two days a week for 4 weeks.  We were surprised at how good he is.  He is no soccer star (yet), but he is much more into it than we had expected.  He will be in another soccer camp all next week every evening.

20100729--8

Ella starts cheerleading practice next Thursday.  This is a first.  We are all curious how well she will enjoy this, among other things we don’t know about this organization.  At least it will be another opportunity to meet girls she will be going to school with.

Speaking of which, her school starts August 24.  This is her first time in public school and she will be in first grade.  I have been amazed how complex the registration process is!  They will certainly know for sure that we are residents of our town!  With many various documents that prove that!  Miles starts September 1.  He will be at the Montessori school for his year of Kindergarten.  Both kids will be in school all day, everyday…

20100729--11

As for me.  Well, it was a bit of a scary time with health issues.  But all seems to be under control.  I would like to have surgery, I just need to get on the ball to get that fit into the schedule.

I completed my Intro to Social Work class last week with a presentation on Monday and a final on Wednesday.  I really loved it and miss being in school already.  I am happy to say that I did really well in that class.  It certainly doesn’t hurt to not only already have had one go around of college and grad school under ones belt as well as 10 years of work experience where one continued to hone writing and presentation skills.  As for this fall, I would like to take a Statistics class.  Because if I decide to go back for a new degree in social work, I need to have that class under my belt.  I finally got approved for meeting the prerequisites via my college math courses, and now the class that works with my schedule is full.  No fear, I have a plan to try to get in, and if I don’t, there is always next semester.  I could dedicate an entire other post on how wonderful it was to remember that I am not a dummy!

I also enjoyed selling my wares at the Farmer’s Market this summer.  And as a side benefit, I met a wonderful woman who makes jewelry at the table next to mine.  We both have sons named Miles (spelled the same) and we both enjoy one another’s company.  She seems to be one of those types of friends you don’t meet everyday.  Her business is called Mi Line and she has an Etsy store.   If you like daintier more understated pieces, go check her out!  Her husband will soon be deployed to Afghanistan and will gone for over a year.

I was also asked to be a bridesmaid in my brother and his fiancé's wedding.  So the bride and bridesmaids have picked out and ordered dresses and are trying to figure out shoes.  Thank goodness we didn’t has as different opinions about the dress as we seem to have about the shoes! 

20100729--9

I hope you have enjoyed some photos I took from a recent trip to the Chicago Botanic Garden.  Now for some of our beauties…

A little picnic…

20100729- 20100729--2  20100729--4 20100729--3

Posing…

20100729--5  

Which is more beautiful?  I know what I think!

20100729--15 

This is just a part of what summer is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy that you visited. I'd love to hear from you if you have a comment or just want say "Hi".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...