Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Boy

I don’t think I could love a little boy as much as I do our son.  I would never trade him for anything in the world.

20100817-

I commissioned the plaque seen above from Crystal at Little Bit Funky.  It is perfect since Miles says his nickname is Smiles and it really does fit him.

He is really maturing this year.  He is happy, interested, helpful, entertaining, loving, sweet and kind.  He has the best smile and a great laugh that I’ve never heard before I heard his.  Watch out, he could work himself into your heart and it will be hard to say no to anything.  Even when you know saying no is for his own good.

He is Miles…

Soccer Player in Training

20100713-

Before he was born, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about having a son.  And we didn’t know he was a boy until he was born.  I always had worked with girls through teaching dance and baton.  I am a girl and I know more about girl things.  But Miles has shown me that having a boy can be a rewarding experience.

Pop-up Camper Cranker

20100808--4 

He is a sensitive soul and shows so much gratitude for almost everything.

He takes great joy in so many things, as does his sister.  It warms my heart every time I see them discover and play.

Sand Castle Builder

20100811--2

And I keep telling him he’s not allowed to grow up!  But he insists that he will.  At which time, I am sure I’ll love him just as much, if not more than I do now.

Loving and Loyal Son

20100810--10

_____________________________________________

Surgery update.  It is a long story with some scary moments, but it is over, I am recovering, and some “surprise” cells they found in the nodule turned out to be benign.  My husband and parents came through for me in every sense of the word and a lot of wonderful friends were praying.  I am so very thankful for everything.

For now I have a little bit of a fever and last night my blood pressure was below where it should have been.  So I am still praying for an uncomplicated recovery.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the healing goes well ... you've got a pretty darn special son (and daughter and husband) who are riding on a full return from their mom/wife!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy that you visited. I'd love to hear from you if you have a comment or just want say "Hi".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...