Monday, May 31, 2010

Before and After Series: Master Bedroom

We moved into our house in June 2003.  It is interesting to see how we have decorated the various rooms compared to the previous owners.
Here is the Master Bedroom during our home inspection:
DSC02353 DSC02355
There was either builder’s paint on the wall, or something very light.  The ceiling fan/light fixture was brass with black blades and not my style.  Window treatments were lace shades and mauve drapes.
My first concern was to “camouflage” the pink mauve carpeting.  I thought that by bringing in bedding and window scarves in various colors including a hint of pink, I might accomplish this.  Most people say they didn’t even notice the carpet was pink until I pointed it out.  I’m still not thrilled with it!  But we may get our upstairs bedroom carpets replaced soon.
Here are some photos of the evolution of the room:
20040223 20040223-2 20040309 Master Bedroom - 2004
We painted the walls a light mossy color.  It was called “Brocade Cream”, not sure the manufacturer.  We also replaced the fan pretty early on with something more mission style.  We had our own furniture but did purchase the sleigh bed a couple of years ago.
Early this year…
20091230-2
20100518-5
Recently I was inspired by HGTV’s 2010 dream home to bring in some teal/aqua and to lighten things up a little.  Not sure if I have too many colors going on here, but it’s ok for now.
20100518
I brought in the blues by making some pillow shams for the bed and a toss pillow for my grandfather’s rocking chair from some fabric from an inexpensive drapery panel I found at Target.
20100518-2
I found this sort of Pottery Barn-ish cream coverlet and Euro-sham covers at Homegoods.  And the chair pad below on clearance at Pier One.
20100518-3
The blue plate off in the distance here was found at Homegoods also.
20100518-4
As most things, it is a work in progress.  But for now, it is great for us the way it is.

1 comment:

  1. And this weekend, I bought an aqua ginger jar that matches all the aqua accents in the room. So the room keeps on changing!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy that you visited. I'd love to hear from you if you have a comment or just want say "Hi".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...